Wednesday, July 30, 2008

A New Day


!Buenos Dias! Ah! What a beautiful day! The morning air is fresh and the Los Angeles traffic is alive and thriving. There's nothing like getting up and enjoying the very essence of being alive. But I've struggled and am still struggling with this positive outlook. In August 2006, I was diagnosed with depression and anorexia. Once a strong, vibrant cross country runner, I had dropped from a healthy 125 frame to a scary 104 bag of bones. I entered the hospital in August where I received treatment and counseling in an attempt to recover from my disease. I was soon released where ever since I have lived a life of constant ups and downs. I'm currently in my worst recession yet: below 100 pounds, self conscience, and lost as to what I want to do with my future. These are hard times but this blog is my step out of the dark. A new day has arrived and I am determined to revive that compassionate, healthy 19 yr old woman within me. Im doing this while upholding my morals and beliefs as a vegan. It's not easy as it sounds because my main source of food has been vegetables and frankly they are calorie dense but Im trying on a new lifestyle. A healthy, mostly raw vegan diet. This means that I will mostly consume veggies(yum), nuts and seeds, fruits, and to help me gain weight, ensure(these are not vegan mind you). This is the path I choose to take because 1) raw food is more ecofriendly 2) it has more nutrients per calorie 3) I just like the taste of raw food:)So here's my attempt to combat the odds, recover from anorexia and depression. Here's my life! The life of a vegan veggie hugger.

No comments: