Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Making almond butter

Today I took the initiative to make my own almond butter mmmm. I got tired of eating just peanut butter so I figured it would be an interesting experiment. I have no previous experience in this but I figure its as easy as pie. So my first step was to track down a food processor. No veggie chef can live without one is my motto. Luckily, my aunt Kari's friend had one on hand for me. I'm proud to say that I was successful in my endeavor. Unfortunately I only have about 1/4 cup of almonds so my batch was on the puny side. Sorry, theres no pictures today but tomorrow I'll definitely have some. It was a difficult day. I ate dinner then chugged an Ensure. They always make my stomach hurt but I know its for the best. I need the calories. I just wish they didn't have any dairy. ugh!

No comments: